Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'd Just Really Like to Time Travel and Move to England

Ever since I was little, in the back of my mind I have always wanted to go to boarding school (or possibly an all-girls private school). I'm a bit of a Romantic & I can't help it... I want to be British. Preferably in a different time. I want to travel back in time & be Jane Eyre. Or maybe Mary Crowley... It does not even matter that both of those women are fictional.
If I were the Doctor's companion (because God knows I can't go a whole post without being a SciFi nerd), I would just tell him to drop me off somewhere between the 1700s & the 1980s. & just leave me there. My life would be awesome.
I would get to wear the best clothes, find a husband like Mr. Darcy, and fight for women's intellectual/ voting rights. Right now, I kind of just want the clothes. A lot. & because I have a right to be shallow at times, I'm going to show you some of the awesome clothes throughout British history.
 I mean who doesn't want to wear this corset.


Or this dress.


Or this one.


Also, pocket-watch necklaces are beautiful.

(We all knew that I would bring that back into the blog. I can't deny the power of my obsessions.)

I really like historic fashion. Probably more than is reasonable...
P.S. I'll try to post something intelligent later. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment