Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Titanic... Sunk.

I'm not a huge fan of the movie Titanic... Wow! That collective gasp was astonishing... moving on.

The romance in the movie wasn't very interesting to me and that is what your emotional bond to the characters and the movie hinges on. You have to think "OMG!!! Somebody do something!!!" when Leo is freezing to death & all I could think about was how unrealistic it was that they both couldn't fit on that door. The desperation that was meant to be portrayed came off kind of whiny to me. It's not that I don't like the concept or the actors, but the whole thing kind of screamed "CHEESEFEST" to me. I love Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio, separately.

I hope that you can forgive me. This movie is so beloved, it's hard to speak out against it. I came into the movie the first time I saw it with a preconceived notion of it's brilliance. I was disappointed & am still not convinced that it is as good as everyone says it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment